Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A triumph over my body! A happy update!!!


While I have gone back to my original Hormone replacement dosage after fainting (square one as it were), at least I showed Cushing's it won't take away my life in the theater business! I had my heart set on auditioning for the Wizard of Oz musical at the local theater. Despite a minor soar throat, a low grade fever, and my limbs begging to give up, I went full force; attempting to snag the lead role of Dorothy. I got into the chorus and am just as excited. I haven't been in a show in over two years. The sicker I've gotten, the less I've done. My potential is not being sqaundered! I'm so happy to say I won this round, Cushing's. Even if it's going to be difficult and painful, I'm ready to show people what I'm really made of. You'd be surprised how un-affectionate most people still are towards me. Even knowing I'm recovering from a disease that made me do strange things, they still think it's more ME than any tumor. Where is the respect in this world? You don't look or act exactly how you should and you get ridiculed and are made to feel unworthy of anything. I had an organ taken out, people. It's serious. Start taking me more seriously or get out of my life. On the other hand, there are people who truly give me support and realize I've been through some things I couldn't manage properly. Thank you again, you know who you are. Considering the rising obesity rate, I am finding more and more reasons to advocate for these kinds of diseases. You can get skinny from a disease, so why can't the same be true for becoming overweight? Why do people not understand this? Is it just because thin is considered good-looking in our society and fat isn't? Is that why people are so quick to judge? Even I thought I was pregnant, depressed, or somehow destroying myself with bad habits. Considering, as my mom puts it, "this is the daughter who eats fish and vegetables", how could I almost be diabetic? How could my blood pressure be so high when I rarely eat sweets? I walk and bike everywhere. Why would I grow a big belly and go from smalls to larges in attire? CUSHING's! Cushing's! I have stretch marks from rapidly gaining weight. That is not normal no matter how you look at it. I ask where your soul is if you don't care?


No comments:

Post a Comment