Friday, April 20, 2012

Some things I'm noticing and a BIG surprise!!


I am slowly figuring out what my body can handle. Before I get into all that, I had quite a good shock when I got home. My you-know-what is exactly on time! I can't remember the last time it was. This is the best sign of improvement I could've asked for. It means my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing. The one symptom I didn't really have was a lack of. A lot of girls lose theirs completely, but I guess mine was a little off. Annnnnyway, I'm learning that I need to pamper myself pretty much. Hence the photo of me in a hotel robe. Things that have been easy to eat: various Japanese foods, salads, soups, and fresh fruits(everything in small portions). However, I'm noticing that my senses are way more acute now. Cushing's must've dulled such things aside from pain. My sushi tasted "fishier" than it used to. It's not that it was bad, but it doesn't taste the same! The fruit I had in my salad today was really cold. I mean it was so cold I almost couldn't chew it. I wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for my sense of smell. I did know things were going to hurt more. I read another patient's account about recovery long ago, so I was prepared to some degree. I've found a million ways to describe this disease by now... sometimes I say I'm recovering from a muscle disease. Or metabolic disease. Hormonal disease is the one least understood. Saying I had a tumor is the easiest way to make someone's eyes bulge, of course. I explain Cushing's when I have time. It takes quite a lot of time plus spelling. What else? My troubles with sleeping are getting worse. I begged my teacher to let me make something up today after sleeping through class. It's true that what I'm going through is causing it but even I feel shameful asking. Cushing's just makes you feel useless. I slept better last night aside from being woken 3 times. Two phone calls from my family and then loud drunks. I'm getting stressed out because I'm supposed to go to a wedding in California this summer. Everyone except my dad has now suggested going with to visit our relatives there. I can't handle all this planning. Who can or can't go isn't clear at all. I had a nightmare about being on a vacation with them and they were all having fun without me while I sat around being exhausted. I don't want to get stressed out about something that's supposed to be pleasant. It's not that I don't want anyone to come with me. It's the amount of work it's adding up to. If I start doing too much I am going to crash. Only other thing that's on my mind is parts of my body that aren't getting better. I'm starting to think my chest region is never going to recover. They're huge and they hang... Laugh all you want, but it's not fun in the least for me. I am too young for this problem! And what's the point of surgery for it if I ever want children? The same thing will happen all over again. Not to mention the out-of-pocket cost. There's also the fact that I don't want to have more surgery. Unless you've been there, you probably won't get it. I'm wondering if this has ever gotten better for others. What say you, Peanut Gallery? To end on a good note, I have a cute story about my prediabetic sister. My mom told her that she needs to cut down on sugar, so she ran to her room and handed over all her leftover Easter candy! What an adorable response. I didn't think she would understand, but maybe I didn't give her enough credit. I'm sure she wants to be healthy in her own right. I just wish there was more we could do.

2 comments:

  1. You look really good! I'm glad you are seeing at least one positive change! :) I hope many more positive ones are on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh that's actually an old pick but my face looks about the same now. Thanks!

      Delete