Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Take your medicine! That's an understatement!


Medications I currently take
Asmanex (my daily inhalor)
Xopenex (my exertion inhalor)
Zarah (my birth control)
.125mg Dexamethason (my Cortisol replacement)
Odansentron (my anti-nausea pill)
Vitamin D-3 (for bone and dental health)
Maximite Female (general supplement)
St. John's Wort (3 pills a day)
ImmunoFlora (3 pills a day)
Silymarin milk thistle extract (for my high liver, 6 a day)
Sleep aid (I think you know what this is for)
Advil, Tylenol, Aleve (for aches and pains, headaches)
Docusate sodium (another over-the-counter for digestion)

Medications I've taken previously
Advair (old daily inhalor)
Maxair (old exertion inhalor)
Yasmin, Ocella (Zarah & Ocella are generics)
.25mg Dexamethason (1/2 a tablet instead of 1/4)
5mg Prednisone (old Cortisol replacement- was allergic?)
Peto-Bismal (used a whole bottle up in a week...)
Promethazine (original anti-nausea pills from local hospital)
Famotidine (stomach acid drug from same hospital)
Dexilant (sample stomach acid drug from my doctor)
Nutralizer (for stomach lining, 3 a day)
Amazon A-V (for good digestion, 6 a day)
Six Gentlement Teapills (for my "spleen chi" & gallbladder, 24 a day!!)
Gr8-Dolphilus (general supplement for bones)
Dilaudid (painkiller after surgery= morphine in a pill)
Hydrocodone, Oxycodone (these painkillers did nothing for me)
Lisinopril (for my previous high blood pressure)
Ibuprofen (given after surgery but another allergic reaction?)
Z-pack (for my high white blood count before surgery)
A detoxification regiment for a month (3 nasty shakes a day)
Something for a UTI infection.. I don't remember
I've had a few other infections that I won't bother mentioning
I had both the HINI virus and the normal flu that one year! Despite a shot!
Trazodone (that damn anti-depressant I tried once, TRIED is the keyword)

Topicals and other hygienic products
Antibiotic ointment (for random skin infections)
Cetaphil (moisturizing cream for my poor skin)
T/Gel (shampoo for my super dry scalp)
E-Oil & Rose Hip Seed Oil (for all the stretch marks)
Aveeno skin relief body wash (sensitive skin)
Neutrogena (for my recurring acne, of course)
Crest Sensitivity Toothpaste (even my teeth hurt)
Hot water bottle, ice pack (for incisions and upset muscles)

Foods that bring good benefit
Black licorice (my mom taught me about this digestive boost)
OJ, garlic, tea, soup (when I had that cold before surgery)
flax seed oil (tastes awful but good for your gallbladder)
Beets are also good for the same reason
Can you say organic? O-R-G-A-N-I-C
Cranberry juice (for my UTI infection)
Sushi... all the sushi I can eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment